Wednesday, February 28, 2007

A Mira time capsule

Dear Mira,

You are now nine months old, but like all babies, you are growing and changing very fast... Not long ago, you were tiny, fragile and immobile, and look at you now!
I want to record the things about you that I really enjoy now, another month and the list will be completely different...
  • You want to pull yourself up to stand against everything- a coffee table, the clothes drying stand, my trousers or my skirt
  • You've got this fake teethy smile going- its cute, and sometimes silly
  • Sometimes when you are hungry or just need some mummy time, you come crawling to me like a little puppy, saying "ummmummumm" and sit at my feet looking up at me with big, innocent, pleading eyes
  • Remember when you were lying in bed with us one morning and you started playing peekaboo with the duvet? That was impressive!
  • As is the fact that when I read a story to you, you can turn the pages of a (cardboard) book all by yourself
  • And that you're slowly getting the hang of turning light switches off and on, and what that does to the room.
  • Your favourite finger food is a pear, cut in long slices, you love eating it all by yourself, and do a pretty good job of it too
  • Today another baby was here to play, a couple of months younger than you, and suddenly you became interested in ALL your toys, specially the ones he was playing with! That was not very nice, but I guess all kids do that. Sharing is cool, Mira!
As I write this, you are quietly playing on the floor, systematically emptying the toy box, one toy at a time :-) Time to cook your dinner.
I love you.

Your mamma

No comments: